On October 10, 1893, two WELS seminary graduates, George Adascheck
and John Plocher, volunteered to work among the Apache people. They arrived on
October 10, 1893 in San Carlos on the San Carlos Apache reservation where they
learned their permission to be there had not yet been approved by the military
authorities. They left that post and pitched two tents about nine miles away at
the fort at Peridot, where they gained permission to stay. Chief Cassadore graciously allowed them to
use ten acres where the Peridot Lutheran Mission has been located ever
since. Faithful Christians continue to
come to the Peridot Lutheran Mission today to hear God's Word every Sunday in
church and send their children to learn God's Word in the elementary school.
Peridot-Our Savior’s Lutheran School began in 1894, a year after
the Lutheran Church began in the same location. We are a Christian school built
around coming to hear the truth of God's Word from the Bible, following God's
will for our lives at every age and going to share the Good News of salvation
wherever God takes our lives.
We appreciate your prayers as we spread God's